How do I not skip Salah or delay it?

SubhanAllah today I came across a video of an Egyptian shaikh I follow who was answering questions. And he was talking about this question that was sent to him:

How do I not skip Salah or delay it?

He gave a beautiful answer, which I am translating here below:

  1. Know Allah, through His names, through His words in the Quran. Recognize in depth who you are praying to.
  2. Know the hadeeth that is there about the rewards of Salah, and praying on time, and the punishment for those who abandon salah or delay it.
  3. Organize and Plan your days around Salah. Make it the centre of your life and day. If when you go on a vacation, or you travel, or go to work - you get busy and you tend to skip Salah that means Salah is not your priority. Salah is not in the centre of what you do. When you plan your day around Salah, you know where you will be at the time of a certain Salah and then plan - do I have a place for Wudu, would I be wearing a shoes/ socks that allows me to wipe over it for wudu, if you are a non-hijabi sister - have you packed your prayer dress for Salah, is there a place to pray, a time to pray (a 10 mins break).

When you plan out your Salah before the Salah, it becomes a priority. You come to the time of Salah conscious of it. Aware that everyhing else revolves around it.

SubhanAllah. I have been adding my Salah to my calendar and I have been moving things around it, and I honestly did find a huge difference with not skipping Salah. I need to work on my planning more though to make sure it is not delayed because of my dunya.

May Allah benefit us all from the knowledge, and may He make us amongst those who establish our prayers on time and in khushoo and help others in our ummah to do the same.

 



Comments